When the year started, I decided not to make New Year’s resolution; instead, I tried a new strategy: setting goals, adding, and changing as necessary.
With that in mind, I created a list of challenges that keeps on adding up.
Stop drinking coffee.
- Consume little sugar or none at all in a day (already a habit).
- Become a vegetarian, start juicing diet (just started).
- Go on biking, running, or walking (on progress).
- Go on a weekend walkabout.
- Sleep and wake up on time (still struggling).
- Learn how to swim (the ultimate goal).
- Post regularly (two to three times a week).
- Engage in social media (Twitter, Google+, and Facebook).
- Learn more about WordPress, HTML, and CSS.
Still Aiming for Some More
- Read more books and e-books. Curious of what I’ve been reading? Have a look at my progress in goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge.
- Buy a camera. I’m saving for Canon EOS M. I saw it up close in Canon Image Square Calgary
Find volunteering opportunities.
- Attend more Calgary Public Library programs.
- Reunite with my first love: sketching.
Occasionally, I look at my list to check my progress or procrastination. Some of the challenges I didn’t ever imagine of doing: becoming a vegetarian and quitting coffee.
Sometimes, just starting things without much thought is better than planning.
But this shouldn’t always be the case. Nonetheless, doing whatever strategy that works is what matter.
The biggest challenge of all is developing a habit.
I often do well one day then struggle the next day then go back to the old habit. It’s a cycle halting progress. I want to break my bad habits but I don’t want to be too hard on myself either.
One day at a time, I’ll do my best. Treat myself for a job well done or just for simply trying. For every failure, I’ll encourage myself even more.
My team (me, myself, and I) is going to make things happen. It’s a tough call but it’s worth trying.
Do we have any similarities? Do you have a challenge that you’ve just conquered?
Share your success story, it might be the inspiration, the extra push we need.