I’ve been following the story about a proposal of opening a Philippine Consulate General in Calgary since 2014.
And I’m not the only one celebrating the good news although it was all talk back then.
I’m excited to tell you that the Philippine Consulate General in Calgary is finally opened to serve all Filipinos from Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Philippine Consulate General in Calgary
Location: Suite 920, 517 1oth Ave. SW Calgary, Alberta T2R 0A8
(Centre 10 Building, corner of 4th and 5th Street)
Tel. No. (403) 455-9343, (403) 455-9457, (403) 455-9483, (403) 455-9346
After Work Phone: (587) 577-1524
Office Hours: 9am to 4pm
Services Offered and Fees:
- E-Passport ($ 81.00)
- Replacement of Loss Passport ($ 121.50)
- Replacement of Valid Loss Passport ($ 202.50)
- Travel Document ($ 40.50)
- Extension ($ 27.00)
- Affidavit of Lost Passport ($ 33.75)
Note: the Consulate will also have a consular outreach program in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Notarial and Other Services
- Solemnization of Marriage ($ 81.00)
- Jurat/Acknowledgement/Authentication/Certification ($ 33.75)
- Report of Birth/Marriage/Death ($ 33.75)
- Mortuary Certificate ($ 33.75)
- Any Other Certificate ($ 33.75)
- Petition for Change in Birth Certificate ($ 187.50)
- Petition for Correction of Clerical Error in Civil Reg. Docs ($ 67.50)
- Expedite Fee Per Documents ($ 13.50)
- NBI Clearance ($ 33.75)
- R.A. 9225-Principal ($ 67.50)
- R.A. 9225-Dependent ($ 33.75)
All documents will be processed within three business days.
- Only cash payments are accepted.
- Bring photocopies of picture ID such as passport and driver’s license.
- For passport applicants, bring self-addressed stamped envelope
What about the Philippine Passport Renewal?
This is the question we all Filipinos are asking.
As of now the renewal of Philippine passport is not offered in the consulate general in Calgary.
I’ll update this post as soon as I can. (Or you can let me know. I appreciate any tips.)
Good news! Starting July 4, 2016, the Philippine Consulate General in Calgary is accepting passport application.
Although that’s one excuse scratch off my reasons to go to Vancouver, still I’m happy for the Filipino community.
No more sleeping while sitting in the airport to catch the flight or in the bus for more than 10 hours. It is definitely worth the wait.
Where Else Can You Renew the Philippine Passport?
I got this one for you. I’ve written other blog posts about passport renewal and consular outreach program:
- How to Renew Philippine Passport in Canada
- How to Renew a Passport in the Philippines
- Find All the Philippine Embassy and Consulate in Canada
- Philippine Consular Outreach Schedule in Canada
- How to Renew Philippine Passport in Vancouver
- Are You Traveling with Expired Philippine Passport
With all the information, I hope you can find the best way to renew your passport. Remember to consider the time, expenses, and the scenery as well.
Don’t forget to enjoy your trip wherever you are planning to renew the passport or whatever the errand is.
For the residents of Calgary at least you can save a lot if you need to get an NBI Clearance and avail the other services.
So that should cheer you up! More good news is coming.
Have you been to the Philippine Consulate General in Calgary? How was it?